Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Falafel, etc.

So, unfortunately my falafel experiment did not go over as I'd hoped.  I thought it was delicious, but Sunny repeatedly told me "I don't like it" and the husband ate a couple patties before making himself a peanut butter sandwich.


The cilantro-avocado sauce was a success at least.

Since that failure, I have a cooking hangover I just can't shake.  For that reason, I have not cooked one thing this week.  Thankfully my husband is an excellent cook, and he has totally picked up my slack.  I am also very grateful for the makers of Applegate chicken nuggets and Amy's Kitchen frozen dinners.

So we had a busy weekend...we were up in Central Florida visiting family and friends.  We stayed with my husband's parents on Saturday and on Sunday we had the baptism of our friends' sweet little boy.

Sunny had a blast with her grandparents

Sweet baby getting baptized (D is the Godfather)

We had a great time, although the trip was just too short.  

This weekend I'm so excited to be heading to DC for my friend's wedding.  It will be my first time leaving Sunny and my husband alone together for a weekend, and I know they'll do great (even though my husband has warned me that they're going to be "eating like frat boys."  Oh boy).  I just can't wait to see all my college friends!  I haven't seen any of them since before I was pregnant with Sunny, which was almost three years ago.  It's just not right.  Why can't all my friends live within a two-block radius of me???  




No comments:

Post a Comment