Monday, October 28, 2013

The Best Pumpkin Muffins (and they're vegan!)

I have been meaning to post a link to this recipe for weeks now.  We are big muffin lovers in my house.  As soon as the thermometer hit below 90, it felt like a good time to make some pumpkin muffins.  The BEST recipe I've found is this one.  Seriously, even my dairy and egg loving husband has been scarfing these vegan muffins down.  I've made two batches of them now, and they've both turned out amazing.  Last weekend, C and I had a blast baking them together.  I let her put the baking cups in the muffin tin, scoop the dry ingredients (with plenty of help), dump in the wet ingredients and stir everything together.  I think she loved the muffins even more because she made them herself.  :) 

I made a few substitutions to the original recipe, and the muffins still turned out amazing.  Here are the changes I made: (1) I used King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour instead of white flour; (2) I cut down the sugar to 1 cup (but I think I will try to reduce it to just 3/4 cup next time); (3) I used organic full-fat coconut milk instead of soy milk; and (4) I used maple syrup instead of molasses (I didn't have any molasses on hand).  They turned out really light and moist, and the spices are perfect.

You should definitely try these soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment