Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Face or Body Dilemma

There comes a time in every woman's life (generally it occurs shortly after her 30th birthday), when she has to choose between her face or her body.  As Lainey puts it, "as you age, you have a choice: stay a size 2 but look like a crypt keeper or go up a few sizes, preserve a pretty face, but concede that the ass might not be as perky."  It's depressing and sexist, but kind of true.  Just look at Claire Danes' transformation over the past year:

2012 Emmys

2013 Emmys
Sure, she's a lot skinnier now, but didn't she look great in the first picture (without her chest ribs showing)?  That was right after she had her baby.  Her face was full and glowing.  Now...it's a little gaunt. And I think she's aged.  Which look do you prefer?

A more extreme example is Demi Moore.  The top picture is of Demi right before she went to rehab in 2011 (so yeah, there may have been more to her Skeletor face than just being too skinny).  The bottom is of her in October of this year. 





Doesn't she look great now?  I'm sure she's had plenty of help from her plastic surgeon, but still.  An extra ten pounds on her makes her look ten years younger.

At this point, I'm six months pregnant, so the choice has been made for me, at least for a while.  And I'm really okay with it.  I'd rather be healthy and have it show in my face than look great in a pair of skinny jeans.  I'll just wear more dresses.  And eat more chocolate.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment